The team at Molecare are dedicated to provide a quality neutering service by creating an all-inclusive package that considers every best recommendation we can make.
We prioritise time spent with the patient and owner and a focus on quality pain relief, not just on the day, but in the time during their recovery. In addition, we have tailored a post-operation support programme designed to aid convalescence and recovery following their operation.
Our neutering packages include:
- Pre-operation notes to guide you through preparing your companion for the day
- A dedicated appointment to discuss the procedure in the morning
- A pre-operative clinical exam prior to a general anaesthetic
- We support the placing of an intravenous catheter for all surgery. It allows multiple injections through one port rather than repeat injections for the patient, but also allows emergency access for the injection of medicines in the unfortunate event of a complication
- A pre-medication to provide quality pain relief and anxiety relief prior to the procedure
- Our anaesthetists are all Qualified and Registered Veterinary Nurses
- It may come as a surprise to hear that the title of ‘Veterinary Nurse’ is not yet protected and so the role can be performed by those that are unqualified. We are proud to provide a full team of experienced registered nurses as confident anaesthetists for our companions.
- The general anaesthetic and operating time to perform the procedure
- Pain relief on the day of the procedure
- A dedicated discharge appointment to go through the events of the day and plan for their post-operative care
- Pain relief to go home with
- A gastrointestinal supplement to aid convalescence and recovery, reducing gastrointestinal upset post-anaesthetic
- Two post-operation consultations with a vet or nurse
- A care sheet to provide written support post-operatively
- Two weight checks following the operation as a high proportion of patients become overweight soon after – this allows patient specific analysis of the individual calorie requirement to support their ongoing healthy body condition score.
What is not included and why:
A natural calmer to help you keep them quiet whilst their wounds heal.
Lick prevention is not included in the package as there are two options with different prices – so we allow you to choose!
Some may have lick prevention from a previous procedure. If not, you may take a traditional collar or a Pet T Shirt for extra comfort and to look after the house and its furnishings!
As you may be aware, neutering procedures are heavily subsidised by veterinary practices so that they do not carry the same cost as other surgical procedures of similar length and complexity. So that the procedure is made even more affordable, we choose not to include the option of pre-operative blood tests and intravenous fluid therapy in the package price. These are made available to you during the admit appointment and recommended if you wish to screen for underlying health concerns and/or to reduce the anaesthetic risk that day. Please ask for more information if this is of interest to you.