A message to all of our clients
It is with great sadness that we see the COVID-19 spread across the UK at alarming speed.
As a result, we are introducing some changes to the way we operate in order to protect our clients and our staff as much as possible.
- We must ask all clients that are self-isolating not to visit the practice. This includes those with symptoms of a fever, cough or shortness of breath or those having been in contact with others displaying these symptoms. If your pet is unwell during this time, please phone us on 01626 835002 and we will advise from there.
- At present, non-emergency and routine appointments will continue. In this situation the following will be requested of you:
- Wait outside or in your car (phone to alert us of arrival)
- One person is to attend the consultation
- On entering the practice immediately wash your hands for 20 seconds using the bathroom in the waiting room
- On leaving the building, please wash your hands again
- Leave 2 metres distance between yourself and any others, where possible
- If you cough/sneeze please do so into your elbow/carry a tissue
- Please pay on card wherever possible to limit the transfer of cash
- Card details can be verbally rather than use of the machine
- We are now offering telephone consultations during certain parts of the day. Please call to book. We must continue to charge for these at our normal consultation fee but should your pet be advised to attend the practice for a necessary physical exam thereafter there will be no further examination charge. If it is not possible for you to visit due to the impact of COVID-19 then we will advise as best as we can in the circumstances, on a case by case basis.
- Please call to arrange for flea and worm treatment to be put up for you, payment will be taken over the phone at the time to allow for swift transfer of medicines on your visit.
- Repeat long term medicines must be requested by telephone, the prescribing vet will call once the treatment has been authorised to take payment at the time, prior to collection.
- We are able to post medicines to you with the exception of controlled drugs (for example Gabapentin, Tramadol, Epiphen etc). This service will be chargeable and we will need one week’s notice.
- If collecting medicines from the practice it is not necessary to enter the building, we will ask you to wait outside the reception window where the treatment will be given to you and payment will be taken by reading your card details to the receptionist on duty
- Please note: We have put in place frequent cleaning throughout the day for all regularly touched surfaces, this is in addition to our full daily clean.
- OPENING HOURS/EMERGENCY COVER: It is possible that our practice will need to respond to changes as they arrive, such as staffing and or infection within the practice. We will notify you on here and on the website.
- Please continue to follow the guidance on https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
Thank you very much for your understanding in these unusual circumstances.
Your Dedicated Team at Molecare