In a rapidly changing world the Molecare Team continue to adapt to safeguard the health of our staff and our clients whilst still providing the best service we can.
Please follow our guide to the socially distanced vet visit as outlined below.
Consultations with a vet or nurse:
We continue to operate socially distanced consultations throughout the winter in order to minimise the time spent between vet and client in a small space!
- Please bring a mobile phone and card for payment – (and a coat and umbrella just in case!)
- On arriving at the practice, please remain in your car (your own personal waiting room!) and call 01626 835002 to make us aware of your arrival
- If you must walk to us, call us to let us know when you have arrived. We have reserved a space in our waiting room for those walking to us
- Any client entering the building must wear a face covering
- As soon as the vet/nurse is free, they will come to you or call you from the practice if it is raining, so keep your mobile close.
- After an initial discussion, the vet will ask you to drop your pet to the door where there will be a brief handover of the patient before performing the examination inside
- During the examination, the vet may phone you from the consult room to continue any required discussions or consent for treatments.
- As the consultation finishes we will ask you to collect your pet
- You will then be asked to pop in to pay by card while wearing a face covering.
For those self-isolating or with symptoms of Coronavirus
We ask that you do not visit the practice.
Please call to discuss the options available to you.
We are still able to offer telephone or video consultations by appointment where the vet is satisfied that this is the only option and in the best interest of the patient with their presenting symptoms.
As our professional clinical team remain working we must continue to charge for these appointments.
Repeat long term medicines must be requested via our Online Repeat Prescription service or telephone. All requests will need to be reviewed by the team and authorised by a veterinary surgeon. Payment will then be taken over the phone prior to posting medication to you. For more information on our Online Repeat Prescription service, please see the Repeat Prescriptions page of our website here.
We must charge for the service of posting as it is a considerably longer process for our staff and includes postage costs.
We are not able to post controlled drugs (for example Gabapentin, Tramadol, Epiphen etc) – these will need to be collected in person by a friend or family member who is not self-isolating.
Collection of medicines/payment when not self-isolating
If you are collecting medicines from the practice or paying for a consultation, we will ask you to come inside wearing a mask to pay.
If you do not feel safe doing this, you may pay by card payment over the phone from your car, and we can pop the medicines in the collection box outside of the practice following a successful payment.
Please note, our waiting room is not big enough to comfortably house lots of people with a 1-2 metre distance, so if it is busy please use common sense and stay outside until there is room.
Thank you very much for your understanding in these unusual circumstances. We do look forward to a day where we can return to normal.
Above all, please remember that we are available for advice and reassurance by telephone consultation. Do not feel alone and unsupported, we will do our best to keep you and your pet well looked after.
Your Dedicated Team at Molecare